We finished staining the outside of the barn. Well, all but a tiny bit of trim around a few of the windows on the main doors. I might get to finish that this morning. The inside still needs to be finished a coat of clear wood protector, but it will have to wait until next spring. It wasn’t our plan to move the horses over to this side of the property until … well, we didn’t really have a time frame in mind. But we’ve been talking about making that a reality much sooner as a result of Dharla’s recent dog and fence incident. In order to make that happen we have to do a bunch of clearing on the opposite side of the new barn and get more fence installed. What was once a fairly easy project some twenty years ago now seems a bit daunting. We’re not spring chickens anymore and the thought of all that hard labor is a little sobering. In addition, the barn will need electricity and water, which means there’s lots to think about this winter while we’re stuck inside doing nothing.